We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally confused

Leeds
Level Contributor
487 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Totally confused

I have booked to go to Angsana Ihuru in January 2015 because it has great reviews relating to its small size and intimate ambiance, but has anyone read one of the last reviews of the island, they state it's very close to a fantastic golf course????? And close to a ferry terminal????

It's as if it's a different island, but the manager of Angsana Ihuru has thanked them for the review and welcomes them back...

Have I got it wrong is there a golf course on the island and a nearby ferry terminal...lol

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally confused

lol.. no there isn't . you are not confused

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally confused

Don't worry there is no golf course close by. There is a small one on Meeru which is another resort and at least 45 minutes away by boat. As for the ferry terminal, the airport is 25 minutes away and around the same for Male the capital and Hulhumale. Angsana Ihuru is lovely, small and great house reef so no fear there. The reviewer may have been talking about the ferry between Ihuru and Banyan Tree but it's not a ferry as we know them, it is a local wooden dhoni which just goes between the two resorts every couple of hours. Nothing disturbing at all and it's worth popping to Banyan Tree . Have a wonderful time. I am sure you will.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:55
Leeds
Level Contributor
487 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally confused

Thank you for the confirmation, but am still confused why would the manager thank them for the review..

Anyway roll on January.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Totally confused

I've noticed most island managers responding to turn any review into a positive, even if the review is negative they will pick the positives and exaggerate them.

P.s. I think I have the highest score at meeru golf course, probably 100 over par.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Totally confused

No, there is no golf course in the little island.

I suspect the reviewer posted the review in the wrong Angsana resort, he might stayed in Angsana Lang Co Vietnam which is a beach resort with golf course and close to the ferry terminal. I saw some people posted reviews in the wrong hotels when that brand are having couple of hotels in the same city / country, but this one is really weird.

Leeds
Level Contributor
487 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Totally confused

Again thanks, it made me laugh just goes to show you cannot always trust a review...

Must remember to unpack my golf clubs......lol

7. Re: Totally confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16