We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathala vs Reethi Beach

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Bathala vs Reethi Beach

Sorry for "spamming", but im in a kind of hurry..Im now choosing between Bathala (All Inclusive) and Reethi Beach (HB). 10 days with 2 kids. Bathala looks realy nice (im not to fond of big and overcrowded islands, im looking for something that look like "one foot island" on Aitutaki) , but would it be good for kids (for example, is the water with sand bottom enough wide so they dont need to walk on corals?) I would realy appreciate if anybody who has been to Bathala could give me some advice!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathala vs Reethi Beach

Marcus........ I'm not sure that you'll get too many responses as Bathala isn't an island that is available to the UK market via mainline agents.

I would suggest you look at the reviews of Bathala and contact one or two people by pm who can give you more help.

I'll resist singing the praises of Reethi as I can't give a comparison.

John

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathala vs Reethi Beach

Hi John, and thank you!. im trying to google the italian guests reviews now with google translate...:-) mixed review, looks like beach and snorkling is realy good but the rooms are not the best. Im a little troubled that Bathala will be to small and not so much to do for the kids. Looks like a place for divers/snorklers.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathala vs Reethi Beach

This is from Bruce's (of Maldives Complete) trip report of 2013

12 July 2013, 14:00

Day 5 - Bathala

Ambience - For old-school Maldives aficionados who bemoan the escalating gentrification of the resorts, Bathala is a dream. Outstanding house reef, soft sand everywhere, diminutive charm, tasty food, and a super affordable AI package.

Snorkel Spotting – Simply the best house reef snorkel in 2 years (since “Kurumba Shark Week”). 2 turtles, 1 swimming moray, 2 white tip reef sharks. All swimming very close to us. Good coral, though not spectacular. More like a spring garden just starting to bloom.

Favourite Food – Mango mousse.

Weather - Practically perfect. Blue sky with scattered clouds and a much gentler breeze so the sea was calmer.

Now for your questions...

Guests - Originally an Italian resort, but increasingly German with the appeal of the Werner Lau dive centre there. German and Italian operators have pretty much taken up all the inventory from September through April. But May through August there is LOTS of availability.

Food – Tasty. About quality of Café Rouge in UK. Or a good pub where you would take your Mum on Mothering Sunday.

Rooms – While a number of maintenance works have been done and renovations are planned (piecemeal, not a whole resort refurb), no interiors have been redone. It seems many of the villas do vary in small ways, but are more or less the same round, thatched villa construction. They are all clean and tidy, but very simple. Think a well-maintained Butlins. I can't really say which one was the 'best', but ours (138) was fine.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Edited: 12 July 2013, 14:01

Its an island we have been considering for next year but finding it on the British travel market is the problem. Reethi would certainly give the children a lot of sandy bottomed space in the lagoon.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathala vs Reethi Beach

Thank you Heather! we decided for Reethi, its probably more child friendly with the pool.

5. Re: Bathala vs Reethi Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:15