We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Hi guys,

I just completed the last minute reservation of Park Hyatt in this Aug for 5 nights. It exceed my budget but ticks every boxes I had for Maldives, so, yeah, just paid for it.

I booked park villa for two nights and water villa for three nights. Any tips regarding room location, dining options(we're on BB), spa, snorkeling, possible honeymoon benefits...etc? Please share your experience with them as well!

Thanks!

Edited: 24 July 2014, 05:14
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

I would change to Park pool beach for the entire stay: it is the best option: most Park villas are very far fm the beach and water villas aren't prívate. The best location this time of year is around Villa 12.

For honeymoon benefits, your travel agent should have told you that. Food is quite expensive there, be ready to spend at least 200$ per dinner. Reef is great.

Considering the long trip Male-PHh, i wouldn't go for 5 nights only, and I would check the domestic flights timetables to see how they fit with the international flight, and I would ask the best option. Look at maldivianaero.com

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Watch out for the sharks, they are 2ft longer there than anywhere else and have lasers attached to their heads.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Well, the longest sharks I have ever seen were in Baros...

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Cant comment on the Spa as we thought it was a bit pricey. Food at either the main dining room or the fine dining were top notch. The meuns are on the long Park Hyatt blog which i started and you can download an app for the island onto an iPad. Lots of people on BB would have a late breakfast at 1130 to save money on lunch (the breakfasts are a la carte and include a good selection of stuff on your table then you can order anything from the a la carte breakfast menu. The snorkelling is astounding anywhere around the island but we preferred going clockwise from Villa 10 round to the southern jetty. DO go at either just after dawn or before dusk as there are many more fish at those times of day. The coral is so incredibly dense that at say mid day, the fish hide from the sun. I preferred a 0630 snorkel. I would e mail the island 2 weeks before arrival and ask for a villa which has the most beach. Last year in Oct we had 10 which had the most beach but it may vary this year. The most private WV is the one at the end of the jetty. Basically ask for a WV furthest from the start of the jetty as you will have less people walking past (the WVs arent particularly private)

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

Low tide (when we were there it was morning/8am) has amazing snorkelling between end of the water villas and the main Jetty. At night, around 6/7pm right off the reef on the WV side we caught a glimpse of dolphins moving about.

Thai beef salad for lunch, not joking

6. Re: Park Hyatt this August - Tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16