We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

Auburn, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Fort Wayne, Auburn
Level Contributor
180 posts
491 reviews
Save Topic
?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

I have looked for an actual menu for their restaurants, but have failed to produce one. Any one have one or direct me to a site that has one? I am also interested in alcohol prices in order to see if the unlimited drinks are worth it. Lastly, can anyone advise how the shore fishing is from this island? Any suggest as far as live bait or artificial and what I might expect to catch?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

Hi

Most islands have buffet restaurants so its sort of a rotating menu .

You won't be allowed to fish from the island but they may run fishing trips .

Good luck

Darryl

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

best email the resort for up to date price list and menus .

as Darryl says ... there is no shore fishing . it is forbidden plus the other tourists would take exception to it.

no need to kill the beautiful fishes .. its not like you can bring them home to eat . take some snorkel equipment and enjoy them alive ... they are so much more amazing to watch living than dead .

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

Being next to a channel there willbr fishing trips. If u catch a reef fish on a line fishing trip, the resort will probably cook it for you. We did this at nearby biyadhoo and it was delish

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

Shore fishing is illegal from resort islands as they are designated protected marine environments, as others have said, you need to go on a trip.

Auburn, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Fort Wayne, Auburn
Level Contributor
180 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

Thanks for all of the responses. You learn something new everyday. I had no idea that the fishing was illegal, but now I know

6. Re: ?'s about Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18