We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check out question

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Topic
Check out question

Hi all,

After a lot of thought we have finally booked the Maldives!! We are heading to Rannalhi in October but have one question about check out.

Our flight leaves in the evening from Male (around 8pm) and we have a speed boat transfer. What time do you think we would leave the resort?

Thanks

Darren

Mentioned in this post
Rannalhi
Rannalhi
South Male Atoll
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
AYADA Maldives
AYADA Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Maguhdhuvaa
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
#1 of 17 hotels in Baa Atoll
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Baros Island
Fiji
Level Contributor
532 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check out question

Good morning,

MACL, the airport operator recommend that guests are at the airport 3 hours in advance. However, most resorts will ensure guests are there approximately 2 -2,5 hours prior to departure.

Rannalhi is around 1 hour by boat from the airport and hence, you would be probably leaving Rannalhi at around 4pm. You would need to email the resort to find out the checkout time and request for a late checkout.

Hope you have a wonderful Maldives holiday.

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Mentioned in this post
Rannalhi
Rannalhi
South Male Atoll
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
3,964 Reviews
Vihamanafushi
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Check out question

Ok thanks for the reply. Does that mean we can stay in the room until we need to leave or are we kicked out at 12 say? Just don't want to be hanging around the resort with m our luggage??

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check out question

Yay! Congratulations! The resort will tell you if you drop them an email.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check out question

Nah your right ... Resorts are overrated ; I'd much rather "hang around" an airport for 6 hours than "hang around" the resort after being kicked out of my room

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Check out question

Funny guy, what I meant is if we have our cases we can't really go swimming as we would like a shower etc before we leave.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 07:51
Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check out question

Most resorts offer arrangements so you can shower/change and store luggage before you leave.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 08:02
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check out question

I would contact the resort to make a check out late, you tell them your timetables and they will tell you that you need to ask it the last day and depending on availability they will offer it to you. i guess they will charge you for it, as most resorts do it, but I think that money is well spent.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check out question

Don't worry, resorts run like beautifully oiled machines and will not have you sitting on your cases on the beach having checked out of your room :-)

There will be secure storage for your luggage and you will be able to enjoy the last few hours in resort. At our resort we were allocated a temporary room number having settled our bill on our final evening and enjoyed a swim and light lunch before we left.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Check out question

That is exactly what happened to us when we left Vilamendhoo. swam and stayed on the beach all morning, showered and changed in our temporary room then could have had lunch but didn't bother.

No worries. they will look after you.

Mentioned in this post
Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa
Vilamendhoo Island...
3,734 Reviews
Vilamendhoo
10. Re: Check out question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16