We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will the best room rate before peak season

Shanghai, China
5 posts
Save Topic
When will the best room rate before peak season

We have decided to go Maldive on Feb 2015.(During China Spring festival)

However, when we talk to some agents, they all tell us ,the next year special offer of the hotel still not available.

Should I book now or just wait several month?

thanks

Fiji
Level Contributor
531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

Good afternoon Brian,

Peak rates are generally from around the 22nd December to 31st March or after Easter. I would certainly recommend holidaying out of Chinese Spring festival if your dates are flexible to get better rates.

The best deals are generally after Easter until the end of June and September to end of October. Please note that both periods would have a slight more chance of rain. In terms of less likelihood of rain and better rates - April or May.

I hope that this helps.

Sunny regards,

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Shanghai, China
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

Thanks very much for you reply.

However, we have already booked the airline ticket which is non-refundable.

Many agents tell me that the special offer of FEB 2015 is not available now, they told me to wait several month to place an order.

when should I place an order for Feb 2015 holiday?

Fiji
Level Contributor
531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

Hi Brian,

Book now. yes it is peak season. Not sure which resorts you are looking at but I am sure there is many resorts with quite a bit of availability remaining.

Which resorts did you request for?

Thanks

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

Which special offer of feb 2015? Sometimes there are offers an sometimes there aren't. It is that simple.

If you want to go in feb 2015, book now as soon as you find a good resort for you...

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

Hello Brian

Yes book now - if a better or more attractive offer comes up later on a different island then simply get your agent to swap the booking over - job done.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

6. Re: When will the best room rate before peak season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:17