We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please - Help needed Urgently

Aachen, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please - Help needed Urgently

Hi all

My girlfriend and I I are going to the Maldives for the first time this sunday for 9 days. We are staying on the Ranveli Village Resort. We are really looking forward to it but unfortunately i check the weather 1 month ago and now it says it will be cloudy and rainy pretty much the whole time.

Is anyone right now there to inform us ? Should i cancel ? Will we still have sunshine?

Please I need your help as it is a big decision.

Thanks in advance.

Here how the weather will be:

timeanddate.com/weather/maldives/male/hourly

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Male+Maldives+MVXX0001

accuweather.com/en/…

thx

Zahir

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

Ignore the weather forecast, it can't be predicted. At this time of year you will likely a mix of sun, rain and clouds. It might not rain at all, or it might. It's that unpredictable. Even if it does rain, you are in paradise and you wont care.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

Hi

I agree with Mike , the weather forecast always seems to say rain especially in Male . The Maldives is spread out over a vast area so it's hard to pin point the weather in one area , the weather can vary between two neighbouring islands .

Dont take any notice of the forecast, stop panicking and start enjoying your count down to paradise :-)

Good luck

Darryl

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

Hi There,

You are travelling to the Tropics during rainy season. The weather in the Tropics cannot be predicted, nor forecasts relied upon. We were at Reethi in June (also rainy season) and it rained at night twice, and once for about a minute during our 10 day stay.

You are travelling to a little piece of heaven on earth and the likelihood is that it'll be warm with sunshine and the chance of some rain; nobody can say for sure, but I think you'd be crazy to cancel. Relax, take your trip, enjoy and get ready to be totally addicted to The Maldives.

Aachen, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

Thanks to all of you... Your words are very encouraging.... No matter what we will have a great and sunny time :)

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

If it does rain, it dries up within 10mins and back to normal, don't worry you will have a great time and an odd shower is actually a relief from the heat.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

It may be an odd shower or not... One never knows, last year we have several days with bad weather in Conrad, then we had very good days...

But you should never look at forecast as most times they are not right... One of the funniest ones for me was staying at Halaveli, with a nice Sun, i was reading the daily news at my room with rain as forecast for the day, and I looked at the Sun and I couldn't believe it: we stayed two weeks and at least the paper Halaveli gave us said storms during one week and there was none...

7. Re: Please - Help needed Urgently

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:17