We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon resort help!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon resort help!

Hi there,

Would appreciate some much needed help on picking a resort. We plan on commencing our honeymoon on the 31st of March, 2015 and staying for 7 nights.

The resorts I've short listed is Centara Ras Fushi but I've seen forums advising against it, what are the downsides? I was considering the premium deluxe spa water villa. Next was considering sunset water villa in Adaaran Prestige Vadoo. Constance Halaveli looks amazing but expect it to be a bit out of budget.

Our budget is $10,000AUD, including flights from Australia which is about $2k for the both of us. Need a resort that is about $8kAUD give or take including transfers for 7 nights.

My requirement is basically an over water villa with plunge pool preferably or at least a nice jacuzzi on the deck. Privacy between neighbouring bungalows is also very important. We'd probably just be doing snorkelling but we haven't been anywhere tropical so our standards are low as newbies.

Appreciate any suggestions!!

Thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Hi , welcome to the Maldives forum :-)

CRF has a few geographical problems , firstly it's very close to what's known as Rubbish Island , basically this is were most of the rubbish is sent from all over the Maldives to be burned. You can see this and smell this from CRF and some reviews complain of a fly problem .

CRF is also close to the capital city of Male, the problem with this is dense air and sea traffic .

I would recommend getting in contact with a good agent to see what you can get for your money.

A few agents to try ...

Purely Maldives

Simply Maldives

Travellab

When you have a list of possible islands come back for some recommendations :-)

Ps . I haven't personally visited CRF ( and won't )

Darryl

Edited: 12 August 2014, 13:35
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Apart from its geographical drawbacks already covered by Darryl CRF has a fairly poor reef in comparison with other islands and is top heavy in accommodation for a relatively small island. The WVs are reputedly quite small.

For a fairly balanced opinion of the island see post #86 in the thread below - Richard from Purely Maldives has visited many islands so I think his observations are helpful.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…49753919

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

It would be better if you post your budget in $.

Look at Contad Rangali, they have several types of water villas and a nice reef for snorkelling, with pool or jacuzzi.

As travel agent, i can also recommend Orginal Diving (from the UK).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Thanks Darryl! I'll definitely have a look into those agents. Any thoughts on Adaaran and Constance Halaveli?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

The review is nicely balanced. I've read up about the not so good coral life but as someone who has never snorkeled and this likely to be my first and last Maldives trip, will I really know what I'm missing out on lol? But I guess flying all the way there, may as well get the real deal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Oh my budget is roughly 7.5k in USD. Conrad looks amazing but won't fit within my budget. Really hoping to find something with a plunge pool.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

If Conrad is out of budget, Halaveli will also be out. Water villas are there a bit cheaper than beach villas.

Vadoo has poor snorkelling, but maybe enough for newbies and villas looks great. I would go there better than CRF , though it is also quite close and there will be a lot of seaplanes in the channel and boats, but being your first time, you won't even feel them..

You could also reduce costs by split time the stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Is the snorkeling better than CRF? Why is Vadoo better than CRF? But agreed - the rooms are definitely bigger and nicer at Vadoo from what I can see.

Not sure what kind of approach I should take on my trip. On the one hand, I'm thinking that because it's my first time and I won't be able to tell what's good/bad snorkeling and notice which resorts have little/a lot of sea/air traffic. On the other hand, this is likely to be my first and last trip to the Maldives, so if I'm travelling so far, may as well get a better resort. Thoughts?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

3 types of WVs and BVs with pool on Kandolhu - very small island (30 rooms), choice of a la carte restaurants and a good house reef just off the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon resort help!

Looked into Kandolhu, didn't like the look of it and also out of my budget!