We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

Nashik, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

Hello, i am planning my honeymoon for 4 nights in feb 2015. I have searched a lot but its an ocean of info. I am really confused. So, pls let me know some good options. Following are my requirements:

- Budget : approx 3400 USD

- Accommodation: Water Villa/Jacuzzi Water Villa

- Not very far from Male international Airport

- Full Board or All Inclusive Meal package (Any honeymoon offers are most welcome)

- The resort should be good reviews and very good service. I dont want to screw up my honeymoon coz of the staff/management being insensitive

- Relaxing and not very crowded resort with some water sports and good nightlife for every night

I know the list is long but i seek your advice.

I have shortlisted a few resorts: Meeru, Paradise island, Centara Ras Fushi.... Which one of them is the best for my requirement??

Also, some resorts are asking for my credit card scan both sides with a filled credit card authorisation form for the payment... Is this method safe? wont my card be misused even after i return... confused :( :(

PLEASE HELP...

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

Meeru out of those three. Fihalhohi has lovely spacious water bungalows if you want an island with a reef, although you don't mention that.

The cheapest wvs are probably at Ras Fushi but there's a reason for that.

Nashik, India
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

Thank you for your inputs. Is Fihalhohi really good? and how important is reef?? we might go snorkelling once or twice... more important is the ambience and service at the resort... but thats my thought, it wud be my 1st time in maldives.

why is Ras Fushi the cheapest? isnt it good??

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,262 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

Hi

C R F has a few geographical problems. Its very close to the capital Male and the international airport and therefore suffers from high volumes of air and sea traffic . It is also close a local island dedicated to dealing with local rubbish which a large amount of it gets burned. You will be able to see this from CRF and its possible you may be able to smell it .

It has also been said that CRF has a fly problem .

Darryl

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

CRF is located very close to an industrial island which burns all the rubbish from all the Maldives islands. There are reviews mentioning pollution and flies.

Nashik, India
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

thanks for your reply.

So, Meeru is good? and can you suggest a good travel agency for Maldives? i am travelling from India.

Also, how important is the house reef. As i mentioned, we will go for snorkelling maybe once or twice.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

I can recommend Purely Madives - but there are others. PM take international bookings.

Meeru does not have a house reef for snorkelling from the beach - so you have to take boat trips to snorkel close to a reef and this may be in deep water.

Nashik, India
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

And how is the resort "Meeru" overall? is it good for honeymooners? How do they treat their guests? How is thier response to a request or complain?

I also want to know more about Paradise resort. The website says its a 5 star but there is not much info on the website. I would be more happy in having a great view and responsive service by the resort than a good house reef but poor management....

Hope you get my point... :)

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

I wouldn't class Paradise as 5 star :-0 It is not typical of the Maldives - close to Male, busy, concrete paths. Check it out well if you are considering it. Look at the reviews and photos on TripAdvisor.

Meeru is large but pretty, clean, well kept. The main problem for us was the lack of a reef off the beach. I think the boat transfer from Male took just under an hour.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 16:30
9. Re: Honeymoon for 4 nights in February 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17