We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

I'm just a guy who loves snorkeling. I don't care about anything else in terms of housing or services. I just want to wake up and snorkel in the best place possible. But I'm still concerned about cost, maybe $200/night incl. room/board in addition to seaplane transfer would be the limit (I'm somewhat flexible depending on quality). This would be for late Feb 2015.

Thanks for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

The cheapest islands with a very good house reef are Biyadhoo, Embudu and Ellaidhoo.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

Feb is high season so I think you'll struggle to get even a budget resort for that budget.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

Eriyadu would fit the bill - but wouldn't know about exact cost now. We went in 2013 and it was approx. £2400 each AI for two weeks. It's speedboat instead of "see"-plane transfers which keeps costs down.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

I think that Asdu Sun Island is fairly cheap (it's a basic island) and has a house reef.

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

You will definitely struggle at that price in high season, Ellaidhoo, Fihalhohi, Biyadhoo and villamendhoo all have excellent house reefs

London
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

Check out Bathala too.

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescomplete.com

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

Why not find out what is available in budget and then post your shortlist here for comments.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,447 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

There is always the chance you can get on the Yasawa Princess. A boat that takes you to deserted islands and sandbanks, each with a different reef. Picnic on the beach and bbq a night each week. Fishing at night.

Both snorkelers 60% and divers 30%

http://yasawaprincess.com/

There's a long thread on here for info and help and it's one of the Top Questions:Liveaboards.

9. Re: Best off the beach snorkeling for single guy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:15