We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

Bristol
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

We are in the Maldives for four nights next August, with our three teenage daughters.

We want to stay close to Male and do an all-inclusive package.

Is a budget of £2,000 unrealistic?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

How old are exactly your kids? i guess that your budget is for resort plus transfers+AI without international flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

I don't think it's unrealistic but you are going to need at least two rooms due to budget, ie a big family one will be out of budget. You might get something, try Bandos, past that you can look at other islands further out, embudu, eriyadu, gangehi etc, the issue could be your transfer costs.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

I would say Fiha' also, but best bet possibly Bandos, it has a lot going on , a busy Island, if its only 4 nights just get the best deal you can .

The advantage with Bandos is that transfers back to Male, which take about 5-10 mins , go on until late at night, as air crew use it, so you will not miss a precious day on the Island. There is a good close reef drop off and nice , if rather warm swim up bar, music in the main noisy bar. and lots of sport stuff. We found the basic buffet fine.

Fiji
Level Contributor
489 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

Hi Penny,

Definitely take a look at the resorts close by Male' and maybe an idea to email and see which rooms that can accommodate 5 persons.

Sunny regards,

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

You could also look at Summer Island, they have family bungalows, it's cheap and cheerful, it doesn't have a house reef but the snorkelling up and down the jetty is excellent, the food is a buffet and was perfectly ok, however, I haven't been since 2008 :-) but recent reviews are good, I believe it's closing for a refurb so would have to check when it's reopening

6. Re: Best all-inclusive, reasonably priced, family resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:16