We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closure news about Veligandu

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Closure news about Veligandu

A friend of mine has just returned from Veligandu and the news is the island will be closed from April ish 2007 for refurb .. the plan ( although nothing is quite penned yet ) .. is to redecorate all the water bungalows and all the beach bungalows will have a jacuzzi pool and a complete re-decor .

The plan is to have all the rooms at the same level of luxury and cost to stay in .. ( the price will go up no doubt )

Not sure on the closure time but months were mentioned .. this came from the general managers mouth ..

Simon

Mentioned in this post
Veligandu Island Resort & Spa
Veligandu Island Resort...
2,931 Reviews
Veligandu
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

Hi Simon

looks like i got in just in time before the price goes up, when i go in feb should be able to find out more as they should know by then i would think , by the way AOW all done and dusted, rescue diver next ????????????? when is it you go to red sea ?

regards susie

United States
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

Divemaster Bernese in no time at all! Congratulations!

Scotland
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

I posted this news about 4 weeks ago but got no response so thought it didn't affect anyone! We were devasted as it means we had to find another Island for our Honeymoon, after spending months trawling through them all (and I mean them all!!!) and finally deciding on Veligandu. C'est la vie!

The official line is that Veligandu will be closed between May and Oct 2007.

Although the news is pretty rubbish it hasn't dampened our spirits - we can wait to visit the maldives. Only ten months to go.......!

Nicola

Mentioned in this post
2,931 Reviews
Veligandu
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

Hi skibum

thanks for that but i think divemaster is a bit optermistic LOL what i need now is loads more experience, buoyancy still goes awol at times but not as bad as it used to be, i still cant believe that i have done it, never to old to learn...... and they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks :0)

regards susie

Level Contributor
146 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

We are glad we are going in early January to Veligandu I found the news on Expedia it states that from 1st May until October the resort will be closed .

We hope that they do not over price themselves .We could only afford a beach bungalow having various types of accomodation one can have a choice.

Mentioned in this post
2,931 Reviews
Veligandu
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

Hi Susie

We go to Sharm tomorrow .. really looking forward to diving the Thistlegorm again ..

Congrats on your AOW ..

Simon

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry Brownsgirl .. did'nt see your post

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

I have seen this on their web site ,,, i really hope they are not winding down when we get there [11th march] as it is our 1st trip ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and don't want it spoiling if the closure is coming up .....

8. Re: Closure news about Veligandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 01:15