We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meedhupparu room numbers

Essex
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi,

We have booked Meed for 2 wks 10th Dec, can't wait! Have been once before and have a map of the room numbers. I remember the North side as being very quiet (we were room 147ish I think). I want to request a room this time that is very quiet but closer to the sea. I was thinking that the South side gets noisier because of the sea-plane - can anyone throw anymore light on this? I really can't remember! I guess the closer you are to the sea the noisier it is at night but I don't mind that too much. I'd like to be able to open the curtains in the morning and have as clear a view as possible of the beach and the sea.

Help!

Gemma

Essex
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Would be very grateful for any advice!

Thank you!!

Gemma

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi Gemma,

I did consider replying to your post, but my memories are a little sketchy. Any way - I think we had room 165, which was up the beach from the pool area, but quite a distance, but wasnt as far as the tip of the island. It had loads of beach in front of it, and it was near the 'end' of one of the crescent shaped room blocks, so closest to the sea (hopefully that will make sense to you as you have already been?!)

Sorry I cant be of any more help. We were more than happy with the location of our room anyway, and we dont like to be near all the public areas.

Regards, Lisa.

Essex
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for replying. I was thinking the same about being on the end of one of the crescents...just wondered if I should ask for a room the other side of the island instead.

Just looked online and our hol has gone down in price by £50 each...you just never know - I didn't want to leave it too late in case availability went!

Gemma

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi,

We went in July and I think we had 168, it was right at the end of the island, north side, and was about 10 steps to the beach. We felt it was perfect as it was right on the tip of the island and you can't walk around there as the sea comes right up to the next set of bungalows so you didn't get loads of people walking past, as you do on the main beach.

Hope this helps.

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi, We went in March and were in room 140ish. We thought the North Side was much nicer and quieter than side that has the seaplanes landing, dive school, etc. It was quieter and the beach looked nicer, less erosion and no walls on this side. There is also a nice breeze as it gets warmer on opposite side. In the room we had, as with most on the North side, you no more than 20 strides to the sea.

Have a lovely time.

Sara

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

room 161 was right on the beach but that was 2 years ago and the erosion may have changed it. sea plane doesnt reallt affect you as they only fly during the day and when we were there the number of planes landing and taking off was fairly minimal

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

We have just returned, and to start with we had room 168, right near where they moor up the seaplane for the early morning take offs but to be honest it really did not bother us, we asked to be moved simply because the room air con was just not working, after complaining twice and them checking it, they did actually admit the units were not man enough for the size of the rooms but they were upgrading them in the future! They eventually moved us to room 222,one of the ones they have upgraded which I thought was heaven, even with the sea defence bit they have built, we were only about 5 yards max from the water.

Could see the sea from my bed, how bad is that!!!!I

n fact a honeymoon couple moved in next door to us after being moved from the other side of the island and she was in heaven, they were hidden before right back in the bushes, where we were was real beachfront, beautiful, I have a pic if anyone want to see just send me your email addy

mine is marioncox@sal.pipex.com

some folks moaned about the sea defence bit but it was lovely we had our very own pool right on the beach, all a matter of likes and dislikes I suppose, but we loved it, also we reckoned swimming off the dive jetty was much more interesting, was nice seeing all the boats loading and unloading, and it was far away enough not to bother us with any noise

Loved Meed and would def go back!!! anyone going out ther got room in there suitcase for me :-)

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Just another point, this side is brilliant for the beautiful sunsets, we used to wander round to the grill bar to watch the sun go down, oh wat a lovely memory

GemmaLou this would be perfect for you

Essex
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

Hi Sunfreek,

Have tried to email you but it won't work. Could you please send to bluetigerbelle6@lycos.co.uk?

Thank you!

GemmaLou

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meedhupparu room numbers

sorry just checked as wondered why email didnt work, senior moment!!

marioncox@dsl.pipex.com... this is the right one