We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

London
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

I am setting off on my 6th 'tour' of the Maldives this Wednesday (23rd July – 3 "sleeps"). Yes, island hopping is a bit weird and not exactly the idyllic relaxation many crave from this paradise, but part of my buzz is the adventure of discovery. These trips feed my preoccupation with researching the Maldives resorts and sharing what I can.

The focus is Noono and Haa Alifu atolls and I am staying at the following resorts...

J Resort Alidhoo

Hideaway Beach

JA Manafaru

Coco Palm Bodu Hithi

Zitalhi Kudafunafaru

Velaa

Sun Siyam Irufushi

Centara Ras Fushi

Kurumba

The 8 will bring my total of resorts visited to 63 (and the number of atolls visited to 12).

If anyone wants me to get any specific information on any of these resorts let me know by PM or reply and I will be happy to do so.

I will do a daily short post here where I provide a snapshot of the following…

- Ambience (first impressions and overall feel)

- Snorkel Spotting (what I saw snorkelling)

- Favourite Food (served)

- Weather (always a popular topic)

- First World Problem (the most petty criticism I can find)

- Most Reminded Me Of (comparing it to another resort)

- Learned Something New (fun fact of the day)

- Pina colada test (one of our acid tests as this simple treat varies so much from place to place)

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescomplete.com

Mentioned in this post
Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa
Hideaway Beach Resort...
516 Reviews
Dhonakulhi Island
Bodu Hithi Island
Bodu Hithi Island
North Male Atoll
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi...
2,299 Reviews
Iru-fushi
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Centara Ras Fushi Resort...
2,101 Reviews
Male
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
4,026 Reviews
Vihamanafushi
Fiji
Level Contributor
532 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the great posts and your kind words which I will share with the team.

We also had a lot of fun with the bar team doing an internal Pina Cola competition giving them free reign in there recipe.

Kat, we did have a bit of an advantage of being last... however.. I would be more than happy to come over to Hideaway for the weekend and we can do some intensive research on how to make the best Pina Colada ever :-) I am certainly hearing great things about Hideaway so well done.

Warm regards,

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Mentioned in this post
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
4,026 Reviews
Vihamanafushi
London
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

Happy Belly - Oooh...that's interesting. There are lots of considerations - quantity of fish/coral, diversity of fish/coral, interesting fish/coral, ease of access, etc. Different people weigh up the different criteria in different ways. Here's my best guess...

1. Hideaway Beach (double house reef!)

2. Coco Bodu Hithi

3. Centara Ras Fushi

4. Iru Fushi

5. Velaa

6. Kitalhi Kudafunafaru

7. J Resort Alidhoo

8. JA Manafaru

I've left out Kurumba because we didn't get a chance to snorkel it this time. Also, it's a funny one. The coral is quite weak, but the big animals (sharks, rays, turtles, morays) can't be beat. One of our favourite house reefs, but a lot of people get put off by the lack of colourful coral. I would put them somewhere mid-table above to be objective, I guess.

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescompete.com

Mentioned in this post
Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa
Hideaway Beach Resort...
516 Reviews
Dhonakulhi Island
Coco Bodu Hithi
Coco Bodu Hithi
1,221 Reviews
Bodu Hithi Island
Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Centara Ras Fushi Resort...
2,101 Reviews
Male
Iru-fushi
Iru-fushi
Noonu Atoll
JA Manafaru
JA Manafaru
1,096 Reviews
Manafaru Island
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
4,026 Reviews
Vihamanafushi
Dhonakulhi Island
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

Jason - sounds like a plan! The Maldives pina colada tour has just been created!

74. Re: Tour #6 - Happy to get info for anyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2016, 05:16