We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

I'm going to Mongolia for 3 weeks in July and I'd like to take the train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar but I'm finding it impossible to get any proper information. Information seems to vary depending on which website you're looking at. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the K23 and K3 trains which are said to depart on Tuesdays and Wednesdays respectively although, in the LP, they depart on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Any advice on this journey will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
1. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 15:52
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Many thanks. By far the most helpful website I've seen.

Perth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

HI,

You might like to try:

Alex Ren & Yongmei Chen

info@chinatripadvisor.com

http://www.chinatripadvisor.com

We have booked the Trans Mongolian Express through them and so far have had excellent service.

Regards

Dianne

from

Western Australia

Perth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Hi,

You might like to try:

Alex Ren & Yongmei Chen

info@chinatripadvisor.com

http://www.chinatripadvisor.com

We have booked the Trans Mongolian Express through them. We have only had excellent service.

Regards

Dianne

from

Western Australia

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Thanks for the recommendation Dianne, I will get in touch with them. Have you already been or are you planning to go?

Dhaka
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Hi Bobcat_8

Did you manage to find out the difference between the K3 AND K23?

Except the info that K3 continues to Moscow, and that the price is the same, I can't manage to find any proper info.

Great if you can let me know what you found out reg the standard of the trian etc.

/AJ

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

Hi AJ

You're right, the K3 goes from Beijing on to Moscow and the K23 goes to Ulaan Bataar. The K3 leaves Beijing on Wednesdays and the K23 leaves on Saturday. There is another K23 in the summer months which I think leaved Beijing on Tuesdays but you need to check. Very difficult to find accurate info!

Bobcat

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
8. Re: Train from Beijing to Ulaanbaatar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 05:15