We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Hello people!!

I will be doing trans-mongolian trip and will be reaching Ulaanbaator on 22th July, initially plan to stay 4 days but just realize the train from Ulaanbatoor to China is running on every Thurs, Sat and Sunday only. Thus i plan to extend my stay in mongolia and do the Gobi desert trip.

But i am on my own so i need to buddy up with any other travellers that thinking to do the same tour to cut down the cost (Also they don't do it for 1 ppl). I really really wish to do the tour so hopefully i can find some partners, at least also need 1 more people to group with me!!

I have found two agencies doing the similar tour and both of them offer lower rate for larger group.

http://www.gobitours.com/6_day_tours.html

travelgobimongolia.com/travel-in-gobi-desert

Or anyone has other better suggestions? Please PM me if you are doing the same tour!

My date is still adjustable, i can do it between 21-23 July, and prefer for the 5 days Gobi Tours.

my new traveling partners...where are you?

Chennai
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Hi,

I am planning for a trip to Mongolia as well sometime on 13th July... but not yet finalized... 6-7 days is also ok for me and can think of shifting the dates to 22nd July...

NAWAZ

India

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Hello nazaw!!

Great to hear this! I will be arriving at UB on 22nd july, so thinking to start the 6 days tour on 23th july. I am in touch with one of the traveller i met on loney planet forum too. We are still discussing and try to make the plan work. As you can see if we get more people to do the same tour the price goes down very much.

I am at outside now. I will pm you tonight and tell you more about the plan k?

Regards

Louise

Chennai
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Hi Louise,

you may also email me anawazhussain at gmail.com ... I mostly will be travelling alone, so I shall join with you and we can plan accordingly.. do you have any idea about the tour agent..

Regards

NAWAZ

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

hello nawaz

Have you seen the tour agent side i posted on? I have read some of the forums they are recommended so i think should be no problem? The problem is i emailed them for few times they hasn't been so responsive...so i might look for some alternative doing the same tour and ask for some quote....

Do you have any idea too?

I think most of the people suggest we can ask the hostel/hotel in UB and most of them do the Gobi trip too.

Chennai
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

hi Louise,

I too tried a few of them.. they are asking for 100% payment immediately.. which I am not comfortable. I had requested them that I 'll pay 200 USD as advance to block the trip and pay the balance on arrival. But they are not acceptable for that. Almost all tour companies have the same booking proceedure. Don't know what to do... Any ideas?

Regards

NAWAZ

6. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 20:15
Albertslund, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

Me and a friend went to Ulaanbaatar and Gobi in june 2011. We used http://www.gobitours.com. Ekhtuya is the woman who apparantly owns the company, and she is really helpful, both with picking us up at the train station, and ordering the plane tickets to Gobi. The prices are good as well, and quite good value for money. The company is located smack in the middle of UB, just 5 mins from the Blue Tower (Impressive building). We took both a one day tour to Terelj National park (Extremely beautiful area), as well as a 4 day tour to Gobi. I really recommend it. We were paired with an australian couple, and we enjoyed every minute of it. The only downside was that the guides on both tours didnt have that good english. But we understood each other, and overall it was great. I will never forget that experience.

Edited: 19 July 2011, 09:56
8. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 20:18
9. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 20:18
Bratislava, Slovakia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Partners For Gobi Trip in Late July 2011

I am looking for a somebody who would like to go with me to Gobi Desert for 10-12 days . I will be in UB on August 21 . Michaela