We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ulanbataar Airport Taxi Service

Singapore
Level Contributor
345 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Ulanbataar Airport Taxi Service

Hi All,

I will arrive at Ulanbatar airport at 6am, will stay in Mika hotel. It is opposite Czech embassy in downtown, near Japan & South Korean embassy, near Sukhbataar square.

I read that taxis tend rip off tourists by taking longer route and use "fixed" meters. Some people recommended taking unofficial taxis.

Could anyone pls tell me how to get a taxi at the airport, how much it may cost for the trip from airport to downtown Ulanbataar?

Thanks and best regards.

Rony

Horseback Mongolia
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Mongolia Short Tours Agency
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Discover Mongolia Travel
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Selena Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
36 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ulanbataar Airport Taxi Service

There will be definitely be taxi drivers offering to take you into town. It shouldn't cost you more than 10,000 tugriks. Metered or not, you should be able to negotiate that ahead of time.

Singapore
Level Contributor
345 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ulanbataar Airport Taxi Service

Thanks a lot.

that really helps.

3. Re: Ulanbataar Airport Taxi Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 05:17