We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UB looked like a great city !

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
UB looked like a great city !

I was in UB for a few days, last week. I noticed that about half the cars had their steering wheels on the left and half on the right. The age of cars didn't matter. Why is this?

I'd like to say that I thought UB is a really fine city. The people seemed to be very nice. The young women were beautiful and dressed at least as well as the fashionistas in many "fashionista" cities of the world. With so many banks and much new construction, UB seems like city with a bright futture. I was really impressed. I will be looking forward to a return visit.

Ulaanbaatar...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: UB looked like a great city !

Thank you for very kind words. Most people don't see how fast and amazing is the UB's development. the city has it's dark sides but hopefully they will disappear in the future. As for the cars, many of them has been brought from Japan, where due to the left-hand traffic steering wheels are put on right side.

2. Re: UB looked like a great city !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:16