We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

Hi!

I've never been to Pakistan, I'd like to plan to visit the North West

area of Pakistan. I'd like to get in touch with someone living there to plan the trip and have fresh suggestions.

Is it possible to arrange a tour from Islamabad to the Afghan Border, gun markets etc.? I'm looking for a guide interested in planning a tour for a photographer interested in meeting and reporting about the different cultures in this area.

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Hunza Adventure Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours
Gondogoro Treks & Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Walking Tours
Active Tours Pakistan
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Flair Pvt. Ltd
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

Hi, me karim from Hunza Valley and based in Islamabad. Being as TB senior user, i warmly welcome you to Pakistan especially the mountain kingdom.

Talking about visit to Khyber pass, i will not recommend you due to safety and security issues for now. As for your question is concerned about visiting gun markets, there are several markets with in country towards northern side, you can visit to those markets where it is easily accessible.

Also hiring a tour guide, please keep in mind always do try higher authorized guides and only from tour companies. Your question is seems to me to explore the culture and history. So keep in mind that there are two kinds of guides in the country (mountain and cultural guides). Cultural guides are high skill/qualified professionals and can brief you all about the rich culture of Pakistan.

You can private message me if you need any more information about Pakistan especially gun markets and a reporter and i shall be glad to provide you the basic information based on your interest.

Happy Travels!

HT

Edited: 04 October 2010, 16:49
London
Level Contributor
115 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

hi I can recommend Altaf Hussain of Life Adventure Tours. His email is lifeadventuretours@yahoo.com. He is based in Islamabad and really well organised and good company

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

Of course many companies are based in Islamabad, but the question seems to be a person should be in north pakistan. In general, pakistan major international tourism hold by people of North Pakistan due to high flow of tourism towards them.

4. Re: I'm needing someone based in the North Area to plan a trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 07:34