We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Chicago Ridge...
10 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Recently I inquired if is safe to travel now to Pakistan, my intention is to visit Islamabad,Murree probably Lahore....Meet family friends and just enjoy sometime there along with their company.

Applied for the tourist visa and clerk there says I need a sponsor invitation.

Does someone knows if this letter has to be certified or at Pakistan before they email it to me?

islamabad
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Security situation is fine in Islamabad,Murree,Lahore,Chitral and Hunza but avoid going to tribal areas in KPK province (near Peshawar).

You need a letter of invitation (LOI) from Pakistan based tour operator which helps you getting tourist visa for Pakistan.

Here re some names of Pakistan based tour operators,LOST Horizon,Concordia Expeditions,Nanga Parbat Adventure and Ultimate Tours.

Chicago Ridge...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Thank you.. I really appreciate the information I got the documentation needed as they seem reviewing this tourist visas carefully ..As they stating is not safe to travel there, somehow looking forth to get all done this week and head out that way .

islamabad
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Don't mention Peshawar,Swat and tribal areas and trekking in the northern parts of the country when applying for your visa.Lahore,Islamabad and Rawalpindi is enough.

Chicago Ridge...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

What about Texla? As a tourist is this area ok to vist?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

i am from kolkata i love to visit pakistan is it easy get a tourist visa i am a muslim

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Hi Hunza_Green,

Visiting the tribal areas was on the top of my bucket list - what do you think if i went with a private guide (via Sonya Travels tour comapny). They are advertising an 8 day trip out there...

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Any foreign traveler can not visit tribal areas of Pakistan means along the afghan border.

HT

8. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 13:28
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

Also check out the small print of your travel insurance if you still think about travelling to 'dangerous' parts of the world - it might be invalidated. Not a good scenario, if you became ill and needed medical help or repatriation.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it safe to travel now to Pakistan / tourist visa !!

thanks himalayan tiger & 7_swans,

i agree that i should stay away from the border areas and check my insurance.

so there are no tribal areas that are not on the border?

and you think that if any tour company agrees to take you (even if they are authorized with having a license from Ministry of Tourism), then i should be weary?

also an indian friend (who is pakistan-friendly - for want of a better word) said that i should avoid travelling there in 2014 because of the elections are due that year - would you agree with this?

kk