We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islamabad, Pakistan

Which Islamabad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
1 post
Save Topic
Islamabad, Pakistan

Hello,

In 2011 I will be visiting a family I've been friends with for some years in Islamabad. However, I am frightened to an extent about being killed. They live in the J. salic colony. Not anywhere near the North near afganistan. Can somebody help me out with any words? They'll be picking me up at the air port, I'll be staying at their house. So I won't be going or traveling alone.

Thank you,

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islamabad, Pakistan

No problem for you to travel islamabad, its completely safe, solo female travelers visiting round the year. So don't take it serious, even you can extend your visit towards mountain kingdom of north Pakistan (Chitral, Gilgit, Hunza, Naran & Kaghan and Skardu).

with kind regards,

Karim

Islamabad

2. Re: Islamabad, Pakistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 11:53
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Islamabad, Pakistan

You are absolutely right Pavel-Jansta, the situations are some how distrub along the afghan border, not in whole country. sorry to say and bad luck that how the media presenting or projecting around the world that people scar to visit this piece of land on earth.

As far as tourism industry is concerened: i could say nothing, its totally down since 2000 due to continiously threats for valuable foreign tourists who wish to visit us. But thanks to those dearful tourists who still visiting us and exploring the charm of the country.

Talking about Islamabad, being a capital city of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, foundation laid totally in western style, infrastructure, classification of different sectors (residential & commercial), tourists resorts, Margalla National Park attracts the tourists in its own way. In additon, it is not only modern city, but also quite enough in historical back ground.

Anyways, it would be nice time to visit for afunnytime, will advice you if he/she can extend some more to explore the country side. Likely southern part is perfect time to visit in most season of winter, but north pakistan is blessed by its natural beauty.

have a wonderful time in Pakistan

Karm

4. Re: Islamabad, Pakistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 05:18