We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

hi colleagues,

spring season greetings,

Just back to city from above said destination visited to attend a Hunza traditional wedding. Of course trip was wonderful and back to city with unforgettable experience. Spring just fell and the area starting to attract many foreign tourists... anyone of you looking forward to visit will recommend you to hold a vocational visit from first april to end of may.

Happy Travels

HT

Hyderabad, Pakistan
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

is it possible to tour gilgit,hunza and skardu this summer with family,i was bit reluctant because of this attabad lake issue.

Hyderabad, Pakistan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

is it possible to tour gilgit,hunza and skardu this summer with family,i was bit reluctant because of this attabad lake issue.

3. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 13:00
Hyderabad, Pakistan
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

Great...thanks man and how is kkh condition nowadays........ Ali

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

Dear Ali,

The KKH is under maintenance at some points so it takes 18 to 20 hrs from Islamabad to Gilgit but it's open.

Good luck..

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

Take a NATCO coach or bus from Pirwadhai bus terminal to Gilgit, they start leaving in the morning.

There are flights from Islamabad airport to Gilgit in the morning daily.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

back to islamabd nd sorry haven't been replies for few week, had some international visits.

Anyways, Alidhukka, glad to hear about you summer trip to Glgit, Hunza & Skardu. Of course, spring, summer & autumn is the ony best destination for traveling. I am from Karimabad, happy to forward you below some important information.

1) Take local Nato bus (no stop from Rawalpindi to Gilgit Or Skardu or Hunza) anywwhere based on your interest. For Gilgit it will take somehow 21-22 hrs in night coach which is better to travel in.

2) Second option is by air flight reaching only to Skardu & Gilgit but you have to have earlier reservation due to back lock passengers.

3) Honestely, road condition are a bit distrun on KKH due reconstruction of chinese worker, this way you have to be ready to have some adventurous drive.

No worris about attabad lake, beside scary its attraction can you believe. You will have an uppurtunity or an ample time to have first time boating with in north Pakistan. Therefore, no worries and you even take a day trip from Karimabad.

don't hestiate to contact me if u need any more infos...

I wish you have a wonderful time in mighty mountains of great Karakorum.

HT

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

It's mid spring season or blossom season in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu. No doubt its unmissible destination of Pakistan from inocent/strong hospitable people to breathtaking views and rich culture to adventure.

Weather is clear and no problem at all for transport/by air flights. But i will recommend you all to make reservation at least 20 days before if any one can wish to see the tallest mountains in the world from a wondow aeroplan.

I am online from today and can take adventage if anyone need help/information about destination, Pakistan & China.

Happy Travel to you all in advanced!

HT

Peshawar, Pakistan
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

Bonjour from Peshawar,

KKH was blocked for a couple of days at some points but now it's open, some friends made it to Islamabad from Gilgit yesterday.

So enjoy the marvels of Pakistan..

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spring blossom in Gilgit, Hunza & Skardu (April - End of May

no worries, only remains for few hours and the road maintainance crew are always stand there to facilitate the travelers.