We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
121 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Hi

Normally i don't post things here but this is really important so i decided to do almost one year later than i travel with this guide. I travelled in march 2016.

I've read a positive review about him (he has a company called Let's Go Lanka) so i decided to hire him.

First mistake i thought he would be my driver but no, he is the owner of the business so he put somebody else.

I hired him to do a private tour around Sri Lanka for 8 days. I payed 50% of the price in advance. We agreed that i would pay the rest in the 4th day of the trip.

I'm woman and i was travelling alone.

I've been to 70 countries so far so i'm used to all kind of things and people.

In the third day of the trip, the driver was sick. He was so sick that he stopped many times around the road to take a rest. So, thinking about my safety and his safety (in this order...lol..of course), i asked the driver (i forgot his name now) to call his boss Dimuthu to ask him somebody else to the road to drive the car. At this time, i realized how he was. He didn't care about my safe and the driver's safe. He only thinks about money. He is not professional!!! To resume, after a day long of fights and stress, he didn't send me another driver and he asked me the rest of the money (pay attention: in the third day! We agreed the 4th day) and if wouldn't give the rest of the money he would finish the tour and so he did.

So he left me in the middle of the tour. The rest of my tour i did by myself. I travelled by bus and i realized that it is so easy to do it there.

So i don't recommend this guide to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Sorry..now every thing became money..?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

This is one of the pitfalls with car&driver system of transportation. At least Op has saved money and experienced true local life (using the bus). And yes, now everything became money :((

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,672 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Yes and one of the pitfalls of TA reviews - probably in the forum. Far too many fakes :-(

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
121 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Tk u :)

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
121 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

Yes, i love to travel like local people. It was an adventure!!

6. Re: Guide Dimuthu Priyadarshana - Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2018, 06:16