We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yala/Nuwara Eliya/Kandy

HONG KONG
Level Contributor
203 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Yala/Nuwara Eliya/Kandy

I am wondering how much time I should spend at each place.

We are a group of 6 (including 2 kids) and plan to arrive at Yala in time for the afternoon safari. We will hire a driver and car.

Day 1 Arrive Yala around 1 p.m. Afternoon Safari.

Day 2 Morning safari, then leave for Nuwara Eliya. Arrive around 6 p.m.

Day 3 Spend morning at Nuwara Eliya, then take afternoon train to Kandy.

Day 4 Kandy

Day 5 Kandy to Sigiriya

My questions are:

1. Is doing just afternoon safari enough? If so, we can leave Yala the following morning and spend more time at Nuwara Eliya.

2. If we stick to our original schedule, then we will only have half a day at Nuwara Eliya since we don't arrive until early evening the previous day. Is it too rushed? Although Nuwara Eliya doesn't seem to have much to do.

3. Should I allow at least 1 full day at Kandy? We do want to see the dance show.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Nuwara Eliya
Nuwara Eliya
Central Province, Sri Lanka
Kandy
Kandy
Kandy District, Sri Lanka
Sigiriya
Sigiriya
Central Province, Sri Lanka
Ambalangoda, Sri...
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yala/Nuwara Eliya/Kandy

1. I think it's one half day safari is enough, Usually not repeat in the same park unless you have a special reason. Leave morning Yala. Then you can spend time at Rawana Ella (near Ella) & Sita Amman kovil (near Hakgala flower gardens) on the way & can hang around Lake Gregory at Eliya in evening.

3. Second half of the day is enough if you only visit Temple and 5 pm cultural dance at Kandy.If you visit Peradeniya gardens then better full day.

BRgds

Mentioned in this post
Ella
Ella
Uva Province, Sri Lanka
Kandy
Kandy
Peradeniya
Peradeniya
HONG KONG
Level Contributor
203 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yala/Nuwara Eliya/Kandy

Thanks!

3. Re: Yala/Nuwara Eliya/Kandy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2018, 06:18