We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

Hi to anyone who has experienced Rafters Retreat. I have read the one review...looks good.

We've been to Sri Lanka several times and love it, but have never visited the rainforest. Rafters Retreat looks the ideal (and very different) base to explore the area - any advice and experiences would be much appreciated.

I've read a few articles and wonder if the creepy crawlies / mozzies were a great nuisance, if it rained buckets and if the shower was really cold? I'm not really a softie, but would rather be prepared for the worst!!!!

Thanks in advance

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

Hi,

Sorry no idea about the praticular place you have mentioned here. But water rafting in kitulgala is always a great experience. The wheather is ideal in these days. No rains. Infact few friends of mine went kitulgala last saturday & they had a great fun with water rafting at kitulgala.

Nishantha

Hampshire
Level Contributor
307 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

Hello

We looked really long and hard at this. The link below gives some reviews, don't know how accurate they are

www.i-escape.com/hotel.php…

In the end we decided to go for the white water rafting, but stay in the local rest house. From what I have heard they are different, enable you to put money back into the local economy and do not have tree rats!

We are definately on for the white water rafting and bird watching, but just not sure about sleeping in a tree house.

Please let us know how you get on, would love to hear your verdict.

Gill

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

Thanks Nishantha - yes, I think we'll definitely have a go at white water rafting!

B

4. Re: Rafters Retreat, Kitulgala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:24