We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yala game park lodge

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Yala game park lodge

will be staying at the yala game park lodge. anyone stayed there or have any experience of what this hotel/lodge is like.?

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yala game park lodge

Hi,

No idea what you mean by yala game park lodge. Yala Safari game lodge was effected by tsunami & not rebuild yet. i am sorry no idea about the yala game park lodge.

Nishantha

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yala game park lodge

we are travelling with virgin ,and are going on their organised tours, i have checked it is definately the name in the brochure.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yala game park lodge

Hi there...

Yep, definately does exist, maybe follow this link to see what others thought of it.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g612381-d509761…

Regards

Dave

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yala game park lodge

Hi

Yala Safari Game Lodge was totally destroyed in the Tsunami, we stayed there in 2004 just before the Tsumani and visited the site last year. Very sad, it's a beautful isolated beach area but there's nothing left now at all.

The hotel was owned by Jetwing and there was talk on the Jetwing site about rebuilding sometime , but I think a build in another location took priority. Check the jetwing site for more information - www.jetwing.net

The only hotel that you can stay at which is adjacent to Yala is Yala Village - this is a fantasic hotel but quite difficult to book - normally have to do this via tour agents.

There are other hotel in Tissa, but that about 1/2 hours drive from the park. Elephant Reach is one alternative we were offered - supposed to be ok.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yala game park lodge

Hi again,

If it's Yala Safari game lodge it's not rebuild yet after the tsunami effect. You could check the jetwing's site.

Yala Village is a good alternative.Lovely hotel. If you need a a direct conatct to yala village send an email to me.I will give you the contacts.

Nishantha

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yala game park lodge

thanks for all the help and advice, think we will have to wait and see.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yala game park lodge

phoned virgin, brochure out of date. have been moved to the rosen rennaisance. would appreciate any info many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Yala game park lodge

A couple of reviews here :-

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1188994-d11933…

~~

9. Re: Yala game park lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:23