We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heritance Ahungalla

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Heritance Ahungalla

My husband and daughter (who is 6) and I are about to leave on Monday for Sri-Lanka. I can not wait!!! It looks amazing. We booked through Kuoni and booked a standard room. I had thought of upgrading through Kuoni but then decided I might be better waiting until we got to the hotel. Any advice on this?

Additionally, I’ve been browsing the net and found a number of photographs of the hotel – but it never looks like there are many (if any) guests around. Does this make for a strange atmosphere? I realise that tourists may be put off by the troubles on the island, but does the hotel seem deserted?

We have booked full board – but would also like to eat elsewhere. How is the food in the hotel? And is there anywhere close by for food? I really want to experience traditional Sri Lankan food – what’s your advice on this?

Also, best day trip with a 6 year old? Any ideas?

Ride in SriLanka Tours & Travels
Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Archaeology Tours
Apex Round Tours Sri lanka
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Youfirst Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Hi there.....

Just replied to your mail regarding this fab hotel, i know that you will love it there, it really is the BEST in Sri Lanka right now, trust me!!

Don't worry about the photos, they were deliberatley taken as promo shots, many used in brochures, hmm, they didn't ask me!! yet!!

Day trip with your little girl, well, it just has to the Elephant Orphange, she and you will just love it there, mail me again for details, also, just 5 miuntes away from hotel, the Turtle Hatcheries at Kosgoda too, great for kids, they can hold them and maybe help release into the ocean too.

Please ask if i can help more here

Regards

Dave

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Hi

agree with Dave, excellent hotel.

A good trip has to be the hotels own Island breakfast. (I assume they still do this one Dave, if not then why?). This I have been on 3 times.

Leave the hotel in the morning on a bullock cart, head towards the river for a safari. In the middle of the lake you go on to an island where you are waited on with a champagne breakfast and Sri Lankan singers. Heavenly!

( Leaving on Saturday on a jet plane,

Dont know if I'm coming back again

(apologies to the original song, practicing my karaoke) )

regards

Steve

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Steve

Sadly NOT the Champers breakfast anymore, well not in Feb/March when i was there last, but of course the river safari trip just down the road is still a good trip, silly me i forgot, AND i did that last time again , hmm, my memory nearly as bad as your singing!!

Hey, if i don't get chance before, have a great time down in SL,and say hi to Silva ok, yes, he knows i am going back in May!!, so hurry on back, then it will be nearly time for me to go again!!

Tickets recieved already!!, well an e-mail with them on anyway.

More photos, follow this link to see them!!, yes Steve, i know that you seen them already, this is for other peoples benifit

…aol.co.uk/galleries/davidjstockwell

Regards as always

Dave

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Hi,

Heritance is supposed to be one of the finest hotels in the southern coast.So you don't have to worry.

Enough of day trips could be arranged from ahungalla.I am not sure how long you are staying in Sri Lanka.But if your are staying for the Sinhala-Hindu newyear whicl falls on13th & 14th of april you would much of the sri lankan cultural activities. Need any assistance in Sri lanka don't hesitate to contact me.

Nishantha

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

What kind of thing happens for the Sinhala-Hindu new year?

Where would be the best place to participate in the festivities?

Should we go to a near-by town?

Scotland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Hi

Not sure if you'll read this before you go. We are off to Heritance Ahungalla on 10th April for our honeymoon. We live in West Lothian so not far from you at all!

How long are you going for?

Dunfermline...
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Hi there Sanob!

Going for two weeks - can not wait - we are all so excited. You'll know us from our Fife accents and I'm pretty sure that our little girl will never be away from the pool.

Anyway, hope your wedding goes well and no doubt you'll see us there.

Elaine

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

Elaine

There are 2 HUGE pools for your little girl to get close too!!!

Regards

Dave

9. Re: Heritance Ahungalla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 04:17