We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on location

Gt. Yarmouth
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Advice on location

I could do with some advice on where would be best for a trip to Sri lanka that would meet my wifes requirements. We'd be going for two weeks sometime between January and March from the UK. My wife has walking problems, sometimes needing her wheelchair but mostly in hot climates she is fine on two crutches. Her main requirement is to be beach based, with the sea to cool down in rather than a pool, a surfers paradise isn't what she'd need though! (By this I mean strong waves) Just to add complexity, she is very keen on visiting an elephant "sanctuary"/or see them in the wild, but a jeep safari type trip isn't for her.

Probably a tall order but any advice would be much appreciated. We are in no rush as the plan is for 2020.

3 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,050 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Advice on location

Hi Les,

Bentota oir Hikka as main base. For Uda Walawe Elephant Transit home unlike the jeep safaris a midday visit is fine but it's 2 x 4 to 5 hours travel hence still maybe worth to stay overnight. Or pick Tangalle beach as base, further from airport but much closer to UW.

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Gt. Yarmouth
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Advice on location

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I may look into the overnight option.

Les

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Advice on location

You can do a round trip with the national parks you can choose then you can relax in beach.if you visit anurahadapura,pollination better to visit minneriya national park and to relax in pasikuda or trinco if you go to talk you can do beach and safari only

Reply to: Advice on location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted