We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning a trip to Srilanka!

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Help planning a trip to Srilanka!

I am trying to plan a trip to srilanka from 28th April - 13th May. We have left it to quite last minute, just got leave approved! My husband was born in srilanka but he hasn't been back since he was 3. We also have a son turning 2 on this trip so we thought it be nice to have his birthday at his dad's birth place. I should also mention I will be 6 months pregnant at the time we leave.

We really want to visit all the top attractions in central and south - galle, Mirissa, kandy, Ella and udawalawe for the little one. Too many places perhaps? But here's the catch. My husband was born in point Pedro up in the Jaffna district so even if it's a flight up north and back we would to really go visit for a day.

Can someone please help us with an itinerary. Happy to cut out a few places, if not worth seeing. We are also happy to skip spending time in Colombo. We reach 28th night so can start off the next morning.

Thanks in advance..

3 replies to this topic
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Help planning a trip to Srilanka!

Hello rumz

If you want to spend your son's birthday at Point Pedro then you will need to say which day that is.

I think that with a small child and another on the way you might need to drop Udawalawe and Galle. There's nothing really interesting for a small child in Galle and you can see elephants in one of the National Parks in the northern Central Province.

Private car with a driver who is a licensed guide seems to me the best for your situation so have a read of the Top Question about booking trips and contact genuine posters for more. train to Jaffna is a possibility but then you'd be in difficulties managing a child and bags on any buses. The train from Nanu Oya to Ella would be fine if you incorporate that into your plan because the vehicle would take your bags.

Agree, Colombo is worth skipping, especially with a young child.

Regards Archi

2. Re: Help planning a trip to Srilanka!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2018, 16:59

3. Re: Help planning a trip to Srilanka!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2018, 16:57

Reply to: Help planning a trip to Srilanka!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted