We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lanka - what to visit in December?

Bucharest, Romania
4 posts
Sri Lanka - what to visit in December?

Hello,

I am planning a honeymoon in the beginning of December and we were analyzing if it is worhty to have 6 nights in Sri Lanka and 6 in Maldives.

I have read that in December it is recommended to visit the south west region (as north east is rainy), but the maine question I have would be: is the most interesting part of Sri Lanka in south or would we miss any relevant attraction in the other part of the country if we choose this season?

Secondly, if we choose this vacation, we would have a flight to Colombo,so we imagine staying there 1 or 2 nights and then 4 nights in Kandi,from where we would like to visit more with a driver (like the elephants orphanage, tea factory, temples) -do you think this is realistically a good plan or are the distances too long? Is Colombo worthed 2 nights?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Sabina

1 reply
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,033 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Sri Lanka - what to visit in December?

Hi Sabina,

Only East/North coasts in Dec and SW coast in June are offseason, and neither is a highlight in terms of mustsees. Hence go ahead; you can visit Sigiriya region, Kandy, Hills and a safari park before going to SW coast beaches near e.g. Galle.

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Reply to: Sri Lanka - what to visit in December?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted