We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

Hi

I'm looking for opinions. I'm travelling to Sri Lanka in June on a tour. I've a few days at the end of the trip before I fly home and am looking at various options. If I stay in Negombo, I'm considering either Ranweli or Dolphin. Are either good for lone female traveller? Any help greatly appreciated! Bentota is another option, but I already have few places in mind down there. Just think Negombo may be handier for me.

South England
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

We're going to SL in Feb and have booked Ranweli for our last night as it's near the airport and looks rather good with the chalets right on the beach. Our agent recommended it and we've found a few good words about it on Tripadvisor. It should ideal to chill before our return flight.

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

We have stayed at Ranweli twice in the past 12 months and loved it. Well run, beautiful location and an oasis of calm. Food is brilliant, service first class without being intrusive. Beach is free of touts apart from well known local, Anthoney, who can arrange tours or seafood dinners! Both come highly recommended. Beach is covered in exquisite shells too. Entertainment is limited to a short cultural display or music and is in keeping with the peaceful ambience of the place. Bungalows are not the height of luxury (take your own kettle and you might have to ask for an extra pillow) but have lovely sea views and the sound of the waves. Club Hotel Dolphin is far more lively, but Ranweli gets our vote for sure.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

Hi,

Ranweli village is an eco friendly hotel with plenty of options to do.I am sure you will love it.Its a small island actually.

Nishantha

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

Thanks for those replies. Is Dolphin full of package holidays does anyone know? I'm tempted by Ranweli, but I'm afraid it might be a bit too peaceful!! And as I'll be alone, I might get sick of my own company!

5. Re: Ranweli Village Versus Club Hotel Dolphon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 00:19