We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

Olney, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

Hi, we are going to the above 2 hotels in March towards the end of a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. Looking forward to the entire experience and to our final few days relaxing in what look like 2 amazing hotels

We have got really good deals on our rooms but can't find any info on the cost of meals and drinks, neither hotel has any info on their website.

Has anyone stayed or eaten at either of them, if so roughly how much did it cost?

Any info appreciated

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

I have been looking at both aditya and amanwella hotels. Would you mind telling me more about both hotels? if you had to choose one which would be your preferance?

Thanks

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

Hi I have been to both places and I would rate Aditya as clearly better all around. Amanwella is part of a luxe boutique chain and is very impressive, but also far more expensive for meals (entrees around $10-$15, main courses all north of $20) and rip-off wine prices. At Amanwella, chances are you may be one of the (very) few guests they have (which is fine if you like having the place to yourself). Also, note that Tangalle (where Amanwella is located) is around two hours further down the coast from Aditya and the hotel is quite isolated from the main town. This in contrast to Aditya, which is fairly close to the Hikkaduwa strip (10-15 mins by tuk tuk), in case you feel like escaping the hotel sanctuary for a bit. Aditya meals are around $6 to $10 for entrees and around $10-$15 for mains and there's decent wine for $20. Also, twelve rooms which are 'discreetly occupied' on almost every weekend and the closest thing I have seen to a 'private' beach in sri lanka. When you book the Aditya room, make sure they give you a 'sea view' room (as opposed to a 'garden view')...you won't regret it !

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

Thanks that really helps.

4. Re: Amanwella/Aditya Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 22:17