We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

am I going at the wrong time(weather)

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Topic
am I going at the wrong time(weather)

Hi all

can anybody give any advice regarding the weather for the last 2 weeks june.

I know that the weather can be unpredictable but what would be normal for this time of year. after reading some posts people are saying to expect mostly rain is this correct??

thanks for any information

Richard

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

Hi Richard,

Most of the time rain is in the later part of the day. Therefore, you could expect sunny mornings.

Nishantha

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

Hi Richard

just to say we were there the same time last year and yes you will see a bit of rain but nothing like we get in the uk, the rain is warm we stayed out in it, though be warned you may get a really good storm that will last an hour or two but if you watch the pool side staff they will give you a good indication whether to take cover.

have a great time, wish we were going back this year.

p.s. take plenty of high factor sun cream and mosi lotion your need it.

were are you staying?

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

we are thinking of going in september or october what would the weather be like at this time off the year any help!!

thanks

happy2roam

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,490 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

Hi there,

September: standard West monsoon, which means the 2nd best season of the year. Nice sunny mornings and only clouds or even rain on some afternoons.

October: entering of 2nd intermonsoon, which has similar weather patterns as end of June (first intermonsoon). So a bit unsettled at some days...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

thank you very quick reply thanks

happy2roam

6. Re: am I going at the wrong time(weather)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 09:20