We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangalle back to Colombo.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Tangalle back to Colombo.

Ok guys, I need some help again!!

After doing the CT we are planning on getting some rest on the beaches! I think I'll need it after climbing Adam's Peak.

We are going to head to Tangalle and then work our way back through to Colombo. I think we'll have about 8-9 days to do this so we're fairly flexible, if we find a place we love, we'll stay there for a few more days...

I was thinking about Tangalle, then Dikwella, Mirissa, then a few other places on the way back to Colombo...

I think the Palm Paradise Cabanas looks good in Tangalle, but can people recommend places for us to visit and places to stay??

I'd like to stay at the Asian Jewel too as it looks stunning (but quite expensive!!)!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tangalle back to Colombo.

Smashing, cheers sue!!

Have a great time out there and if you remember to send me a pm about the place that Rod recommended, that would be great as you'll be there a week or 2 before me and you'll be able to give me an updated review!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tangalle back to Colombo.

Mirissa has a pick of cheap guesthouses on the beach, all very laid back and of reasonable quality. Many you can't book in advance but it's been quiet so far this year so no problem getting something to suit. I like Sunset Guesthouse (even has hot water)but many others just as good. If oyu want to pay a little more go for Paradise Beach or up the hill at Mirisa Palace. Great beach, very laid back ambience.

13. Re: Tangalle back to Colombo.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 10:25