We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

We are a little nervous about travelling to Sri Lanka next week. We fly in to Colombo, one night there, then to Galle for 5 nights and then to the Tea trails in the Tea country near Hatton?? Are these areas safe? I am pregnant and we have a 13 month old baby.

Thank you!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

Hi,

Please check out this recent thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297896-i9471-k2…

Hans

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

Hi,

All those mentioned areas are safe to travel. In addition its much convenient if can arrange a car because you are pregnant and have a baby of 13 months old too.

Nishantha

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

Absolutely safe. The trouble is in the north outside of the areas where most tourists want to go. I've been 4 times in the last year without any problems. Occassionally there'll be a checkpoint on the road where they just look at ID and wave you on.

4. Re: Is Sri Lanka safe to Travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 21:16