We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dikwella Village REsort

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
327 reviews
Save Topic
Dikwella Village REsort

Has anyone been to this hotel recently. I have been there about 4 years ago, and would like to know the conditions now. At the time I visted, there were hardly any guests and the sea was very rough.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dikwella Village REsort

i looked in a few weeks ago and it didn't look great. i did only pop my head in though.

If you are heading over that way what about Coconut Beach Cabanas in Tangalle?

Very new, only been built 3 months!! I was very impressed, see my review.

Best of luck!!

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dikwella Village REsort

It's HORRIBLE! We were there in January 08 for 2 nights ... never again. Poor service (it's an Italian run place and the clientele is mainly Russian), flies everywhere, dirty room, awful buffet with food that ran out if you weren't quick enough, etc. It is the only place in Sri Lanka that I've stayed at that I have hated .. and I have stayed in dozens of places, from hotels to small guesthouses. Unless it has dramatically improved, stay well clear!!!

When we were at Dikwella recently, we stayed at the Kadolana guesthouse at Nilwella .. far nicer.

Sue

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dikwella Village REsort

Thanks all for the comments.

4. Re: Dikwella Village REsort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 09:28