We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello from Sri Lanka

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi everyone....

Just checking in from Sri Lanka, well as it is a quite wet and soggy afternoon here in Ahungalla thought i would come on line and say hi !

Weather??, well recent days have been quite unsettled with some wet stuff in the afternoons and yes as usual the blame does get put on me !, not only from hotel staff, but also from Hans recently too !!, a little unfair i say, but anyway having a great time down here as usual.

Great to see so many TA members here who had asked various questions prior to coming down, and now of course able to answer in person too, but always great to put faces to names when i meet them here.

So "what to do" as Sri Lankans would ask on a wet afternoon, well i guess the Lion's will get a bashing from now onwards, at least they are great no matter what the weather !

So, if you are arriving in next few days, weeks, hope of course that you are looking forward to your trip, and that you enjoy once you arrive as i am sure that you will do.

Regards

Dave

On duty at a rather soggy Heritance Ahungalla !, now where is that bottle opener ??

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

HI Dave,

Nice to know that you're enjoying yourself in spite of a little rain.

Don't forget, if the Lion lager gets to be too much for you, the local gin is excellent and as we both know, the tonic helps prevent malaria so do try to drink as much medicinal gin as you possibly can.

Love to Treshi from us both.

Rod.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Dave,

Glad you are enjoying your time once again in

Sri Lanka.

It is warm and sunny here in South Yorkshire today, and i am starting to wonder if two weeks on the East Coast for Easter would have been a better option.

Joking apart how bad is the weather the forecast shows rain & thunder every day all day is it really that bad.

We are looking forward to our trip, and to meeting Ramunni he has been very helpful up to now.

south east london
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Dave,

Wow it's wet,wet,wet . Poor you having to sit and sip the Lion .

I always enjoyed the rain there ,used to sit on the balcony ( Riverina) nice Black Label and think to myself raher be here than South East London in the wet.

Well it as worked all your praising of your dream hotel. I am looking to book a 24 nights stay there next March/May ,but all the surfing around trying for the best deal sure is hard work.( think I could do with a Lion or 2 ). Cheapest I have found is £67 per night .but will keep at it.

Dave I have enjoyed reading all your messages,keep at it.

Well enjoy ( I know you will ) your Lion and magical counrty .

Chris.

London, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Oh I do hope the weather improves! The sun is glorious here today in Harrow - we are going out walking soon!

Cannot wait until Weds though!!!

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Cinderella...

No, it is not really that bad right now, but is a little unsettled here for last few daysthough, and yesterday (Sunday) no exception to that, rain most of the afternoon and evening from 1.00pm !

Still very hot though and the mornings super sunny too.

This morning?, well not a cloud in the sky, so lets hope it stays that way as a bride and groom are getting a "little nervous" for thier big day on Friday !

Regards as usual.

Dave

On duty at Heritance Ahungalla !, bit early for a Lion even for me, so i guess coffee will do !

south east london
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Dave,

Quick question if I may..

Which room shoud I go for ? is the luxury room worth the extra £s ?? Hope the sun is out for you ,and no doubt plenty of Lion in the fridge awaiting your attention.

many thanks.

Chris.

london
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi just read your message, we are arriving on the 19th first time to sri lanka, so would you advise me to unpack some summer outfits and pack warmer stuff or is it still warm enough for shorts and skirts and just pack a waterproof for the rain.?

thanks from Emjay

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,858 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

The latter. Rains/monsoons in Lanka never really affect the temperature, on the coast that will always be above 28' even during most nights. And waterproof clothing is also not really recommended as the humidity will cause excessive sweating - a good umbrella usually is enough....

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya] - at times already soaked last March in afternoon early-intermonsoon showers, feeling like a super-muddy June Glastonbury festival ;-)

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Poodle

YES, definately the luxury rooms worth going for, BUT !!!! DO NOT book these via your tour operator, much better to wait till arrival then upgrade...

Of course lots of Lions here for me !!, and right now enjoying one as once again the rains have come !, hmm, wet inside and out.

Regards

Dave

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Hi Emjay...

DO NOT unpack summer outifts, it is very warm if not HOT here right now, and will NOT get any cooler before you arrive, now is hottest time of year, and will be for a few weeeks yet.

As Erik has said, maybe a brolly for the sudden downpours, but they are very cheap here, so don't bring one ok.

Regards

Dave