We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrack

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arrack

Hi everyone,

Here's a stupid question someone may be able to help with: I just got back to the UK from SL today, and my prized purchase was a bottle of DCSL Green Label Double Distilled Arrack, the flavour of many a long night's conversation in SL.

As I was pushing my trolley through the airport on arrival - guess what? the bag containing the precious liquid fell on to the tiled floor and bottle smashed - all gone!

What I want to know is can I replace this bottle anywhere in the UK - I've combed the net for suppliers but I can't find one in the UK - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

london
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Arrack

thank you very much, for some one who does not smoke much im a bit of a fussy smoker!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arrack

I smoked Dunhill Lights when I was there and they were 265rs a pack from Cargils Supermarkets. I managed to find Marlboro lights but they were about 400rs and from a bloke selling them by the side of the road.

I smoked the Gold Leaf and they were fine, stronger than marlboro lights, very similar to B+H. I think they were 300rs but i'm not sure.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arrack

Hi,

Jon, you were lucky to buy Dunhill Lights at LKR 265. In February the price should have been LKR 340.

Compared to B&H Special Filter (Tar 10 mg, Nicotine 0.6 mg) John Players Gold Leaf (Tar 15 mg, Nicotine 1.2 mg) are quite strong. Gold Leaf is the most common brand in Sri Lanka.

You will come across "beachboys" selling cigarettes on the beach outside your hotel. They will have most common US, UK and German brands, but be aware that quality is not good - probably copycats from Pakistan or China. I stopped buying on the beach a couple years ago when the quality went from bad to worse.

The only legal distributor of cigarettes in Sri Lanka ia Ceylon Tobacco Company. A price hike of LKR2 per cigarette have brought the prices up. CTC have the following brands:

Dunhill - Normal/Lights/Ultra Lights LKR 380

B&H Special Filter LKR 380

Pall Mall - Normal/Lights/Menthol LKR 360

John Players Gold Leaf LKR 360

Hans

in hot and sticky Sri Lanka

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Arrack

They were the Dunhill Lights in the metal tin and not the proper paper/cardboard pack. Sorry Hans, I should have made myself clear...

I used the empty tin to carry small breakable things in for the rest of the holiday...

london
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Arrack

Thanks for your time checking out the brands! leaving today for Sri Lanka

cant wait!

16. Re: Arrack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 13:17