We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea Trails

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Tea Trails

I had booked to spend four nights at Tea Trails in June - staying for two nights each at Castelreagh and Summerville. I know that these bungalows are close together but felt from the website that they were the most traditional. Tea Trails management have now informed me that Summerville will be undergoing refurbishment at that time and suggested I go to Norwood for the second two nights. I am looking for something totally peaceful and relaxing in the midst of lots of visiting old friends in Sri Lanka and also bungalows with that old plantation feel about them. Does Norwood fit the bill in this respect? I used to stay at the bungalow on the Aislaby Estate in the late 80s and am just hoping that Tea Trails really does meet expectations as far as ambiance is concerned.

Leeds
Level Contributor
188 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea Trails

Hi

We stayed at Castlereagh in March this year. It was wonderful - unfortunately, Norwood was undergoing a refurb at the time so we didn't get a look at it - but we got fairly close when we went up to the Tea Factory nearby.

We had 3 nights at Castlereagh and loved it. It has stunning views of the reservoir, and great walking through the tea fields.

Norwood is a good 40 away minutes by car, and higher up, with no reservoir view, but surrounded by the hills and tea fields.

If you have chance to search the Reviews on Tripadvisor you should find some people who stayed at both and have compared them. Sorry I can't help you more about Norwood.

2. Re: Tea Trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 06:26