We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Dentist & Optician

UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Dentist & Optician

I will be visiting Sri Lanka in September for 7 days and will be staying in Colombo and

Negombo.

Can anyone recommend a good private dentist and optician.

Frankfurt, Germany
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

Hi James,

I have read in another (German) forum about a good optician in Kandy. The person writing about it said that all other places did not check his eyes very well and he only was satisfied there. If you like to know the address I can look it up for you but I have seen you don't intend to go to Kandy. Anyway if you need the address, ask me.

Greetings,

Maimoona

UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

Thank you very much for your response. Yes,

in this case I will go to KANDY and would appreciate further details from you.

Thanks again.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

My optician is -

Albert Edirisinghe Optometrists:

Vision House

52,Galle Road. Bambalapitiya,

Tel. 011 2583536,

E Mail aeoltd@isplanka.lk

I am very satisfied with their products and service. Speak to Mangala who is the owner. She is a lovely lady and will go out of her way to help you.

I have also gone to Technivision previously.

TECHNOVISION OPTICIANS

50 Ward Place

Colombo 07

Sri Lanka

Email info@technovision.lk

Web: www.technovision.lk

Tel: 011 533 2561

Fax: 011 535 3798

Frankfurt, Germany
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

Hello James,

sorry for the delay but here is the address in Kandy:

Vision Centre, no. 61 Kinks Street, Kandy.

The German tourist who was there wrote that he had the impression they are skilled opticians.

They "took measure of his eyes" (sorry I don't know the correct English expression) and this did not happen in any other optician shop in Sri Lanka which he tried before.

Prices were sticked on each spectacles frame to choose for what hopefully means tourists don't have to pay more than locals.

After negotiation he got a discount on the opththalmic lenses.

For 2 pairs of spectacles he paid less than 80 Euro in total.

The things written above are not my own experiences but I also intend to be in Kandy in July and I will have a look at the shop, too.

Many greetings, enjoy the weekend

Maimoona

UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

THANK YOU all kindly for your help; much appreciated

6. Re: Good Dentist & Optician

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:32