We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap flights.

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Topic
Cheap flights.

I've just recieved a news letter from Qatar airlines.

They really must be feeling the pinch but they are a good airline and the prices looked good to me.

I've just booked my next trip but for anyone searching,

qatarairways.com/uk/…

Rod.

swindon
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap flights.

I suppose it depends on when you are going but my flights with Kingfisher in November worked out £300 cheaper than Qatar, and the stopovers were alot shorter, plus reports on airline from all quarters have been excellant, ( these are just my findings on the dates we are flying)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap flights.

Rod,

Your link says LON-CMB GBP 361, but I can't find anything less than GBP 400! When are you flying?

I need to find alternatives to Emirates. They just increased their prices by 30+%. Qatar also have good offers out of Berlin, but I'm not keen on a 6 hours flight on an A320.

Hans

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap flights.

Hi Hans,

I recieved the newsletter from Qatara this morning in an email.

having just booked for 4th Sept to 4th Oct. I didn't bother to follow it up, just thought it may have been of interest to others as I've heard from quite a few lately paying upwards o0f £500.

I'm actually booked with Kuwait at a cost of £329 each.

Thats flying from Heathrow and a stop of about 2 hours each way, in Kuwait.

I know Kuwait Airlines has lots of bad reviews but I flew out with them in Feb and returned April and they were fine.

Planes were a bit old but comfortable. Flights on time, food was actually the best I've had on the route icluding with Qatar and Sri Lankan.

Seat back entertainment was rubbish but a good book see's me through that problem..

We booked through.. Dialaflight... I've found them consistantly good but they do seem to find the best deals on the phone rather than on the web site.

Rod.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap flights.

Hi Rod...

Fully agree with you on Dialflight, i always book with them, and have always got prices much lower that airline websites too.

Nice lady (Catia) always looks after me, including booking flights, seat numbers, and even complimetary airport transfer cars too, so if you want her direct dial number instead of the 0870 let me know ok.

Regards

Dave

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap flights.

Rod,

You just saved me EUR 250+.

I have now booked Qatar Airways from Frankfurt to Colombo. I dreaded the 6 hours flight on an A320 from Berlin to Doha. It's a slightly longer travel time than my usual departures from Hamburg, but also gives me a chance to go on the high speed ICE train in 1st class.

Departing on 25 August and staying until 22 September. Gives me a good chance to go and watch some live cricket also.

Hans

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap flights.

Hmmmm....

Seems that i will be the only DE NOT in Lanka in September !, oh well i guess that someone has to stay and hold the fort right !

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap flights.

Hi, Dave,

Thats very nice of you to offer. I'm sure the rest of us will find the time to send you a postcard ot two.

Hans, I'm pleased that the Qatar newsletter to me paid off in saving you some cash.

I just wish it had arrived a couple of days earlier. I booked a good priced flight at £336 just before the letter arrived but I'd rather be flying Qatar the Kuwait.

Rod.

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap flights.

Kuwait Airlines seems to be by far the cheapest at the moment though. We have just booked for February and it was just £365 through Dial-a-Flight (and actually £10 cheaper than that through e-bookers but we usually book through Dial-a-Flight and decided to stick with them).

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap flights.

Hi Sue,

Now you're just showing off. Already got the next two trips booked and arranged.

August and then again in February.

I bet you did that just so I can't wind you up at the end of August when you're coming back and I'm flying out.

Rod.

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap flights.

I knew you'd say that Rod .. and you're right of course. Now what's the betting that you will book for the end of February when we get back ....? Haha ......

Sue