We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuwait airways

London
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kuwait airways

Hi

We are flying with kuwait airways when we go to sri lanka in sept. just out of interest has anyone used this airline, also we're unfortunaly only in economy and as i will be flying my 79 year old mother i thought about an upgrade so does anyone know how much more business class is compared to first class?

Sammyg

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,212 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuwait airways

Hi again Sammy,

See recent experiences at

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k300…

Generally in 3-class airlines business class quality is less than in 2-class airlines; but the Arab carriers, in turn, generally are more luxury than other carriers in these classes. Also seeing that the planes are old expect no lie-flat beds or the like, but at least decent leg space and more excellent meals than in economy. Their website also gives some photos and specifications.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuwait airways

Hi Sammy,

Only Kuwait Airways can tell you whether it's possible to upgrade your flights and costs.

16 Baker Street, London W1U 3HS

020-74120007-74120006 Ext.254/253/252/251 (Rsvn.) Email lon@kuwaitairways.com

Hans

Mentioned in this post
Sammy Tours
Sammy Tours
243 Reviews
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Colchester
Level Contributor
899 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuwait airways

If you have bought your tickets through an internet agency like Opodo or Trail Finders the likelihood is that you cannot change your outgoing ticket at all. The only thing you might be able to do is to upgrade at the airport office (not check-in) on the day you fly. I have done this on a number of occasions and I did so in June with Qatar Airways, having been told that my ticket could not be changed when I phoned the airline a week or so before. Mind you, it is not cheap. I paid £840 to upgrade to Business one way, from London to Colombo. Considering I had paid less than £500 for my return ticket with Opodo this is quite a premium. Was it worth it? Well, you only live once.

Long time since I have flown with Kuwait - they do seem to be very cheap compared with all the other airlines. I have a ticket with them for February and they were 30% cheaper than the next cheapest option. I gather that their aircraft are a bit ancient and not up to Qatar standards, I'll have to wait and see and try to avoid the temptation to upgrade at the airport again!

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuwait airways

Hi lonson,

I flew with Kuwait earlier this year. From Heathrow to Colombo, then Colombo to Kuala Lumpur .Kuala Lumpur to Kuwait and back to Heathrow.

I'd read all the really bad reviews so was expecting a bad flight.

It didn't happen.

The planes were obviouly old and seat back entertainment didn't work but apart from that I had no complaints.

The aircraft were clean and although worn were comfortable.

The flight crew were pleasant and attentive and the food was actually as good as I'd experienced on other airlines.

Flights were all on time as well.

I'm flying with them again in September and if the journey is as good as the last one, I'll be well happy.

Rod.

Mentioned in this post
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5. Re: Kuwait airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2010, 05:17