We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food budget

Rushden, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
food budget

Can anyone give me an idea of how much to allow for food.Will be touring around and bed and breakfast always provided and also dinner when at Chaaya Village.

As we will be out I presume will be eating wherever is handy at the time but I have no idea of prices.Do not eat big meals or require alcohol but if anyone could give me a rough idea I would be grateful.

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food budget

Here is a rough guide to food costs but like everywhere else, prices vary according to where you are eating. In general eating out in Sri Lankan restuarants is not expensive by western standards:

Meal costs:

Tourist hotel dinner buffet Rs. 1200 – 1500

Lunch in mid range restaurant Rs. 250 – 400

Dinner in mid range restaurant Rs. 400 – 700

(Not including alcohol)

Calculate at approx Rs. 160 to the £1 (May 2010)

Ukraine
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: food budget

Cap of tea - 100 rup

Soup - 200 -380

Fried rice - 200 (veg), 300 - 400 with chiken

Fruit and ice cream - 200

Fresh fish - 200 rup for kilo on market + 100 for cooking ladi

3. Re: food budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:17