We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

Going again to Sri Lanka, next month, specially to see the Festival and procession in Kandy. I was amazed to get good discounts, some as much as 35% at some of the Hotels in Kandy and also in Dambulla. But was unable get any real discounts in Colombo ?

Also planning to go to Minneriya National Park, Nuwara Eliya (where I found a really comfortable small Hotel tucked away near the town with a fantastic view), Ella ( another nice small hotel), and Yala too.

Anyone else going at this time ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

Hi,

I hope you are aware that Esala Perahera in Kandy is 15-25 August.

Hans

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

Well done if you have obtained discounts during the actual Perahera. Could you tell us which hotels and how you booked?

In the case of Colombo, the government introduced a minimum price fixing policy a while back and hotel costs in Colombo shot up. Don't think there is any way round this.

David.

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

Yes I know that Hans, and as usual, my vacation is long one.

Thanks !

Cheers !

Richard.

london
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

Well , I got the discount for both Hotel Thilanka in Kandy and also for Thilanka Resort and Spa in Dambulla. I booked through a small company called Sri Lanka Tours. They seem to offer discounts on most of the medium to small hotels year round. PM me if you want their contact details.

Cheers !

Richard.

5. Re: The Esala Perahera , accommodation at discount prices ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 06:16