We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

If anyone is planning to travel to Sri Lanka then do your self a favour and avoid Walkers Tours, and especially their sales executive Clarence. They are all about money.

They ask you to pay all the money, and they do overprice the tour, before they start the tour (50% for confirmation and the rest on arival) and then they cut back on costs. For example we where a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) and in 7 hotels that we stayed they booked us in a double room each time while we where paying for 4!!!!!! Upon asking to fix their mistake they ignored us as they said kids can sleep on the floor.

If anyone wants more details, please do not hesitate to ask me for questions ... But please remember .. AVOID WALKERS TOURS!!!!

A friend of mine, wish i followed her advice, traveled with Jetwing and swears by their name .. rather go with them

All the best in a very very pretty country that is destroyed by money seekers.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Virgin use Walkers Tours - they did a good job on our trip (apart from switching our first and last hotel over that is), the rep was excellent.

Perhaps the difference was your private booking as opposed to via a tour company. Don't quite get how this happened in all 7 hotels though?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Dear Friend

I hope you all the best if you use them ... not my problem if you do :) ... but remember that i did say so ...

And they did not change my hotels ... they only booked a double room for ther 4 of us while they charged us for a triple with an extra bed and if you want i can easily show you their booking to the hotels as i obtained their original booking. And i called them, and their rep also called them and they refused to change it as they claimed that since the hotel provided us 2 extra matrices the kids could easily sleep on the floor. We only had to dodge them in the small double room they provided.

Yes indeed ... please use them.

Regards :)

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,439 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Just to confirm the details:

A triple room should be a room with three FULL beds and then maybe in your case an extra mattress on the floor. We've had triples several time and sometimes they are special larger rooms sometimes they are bigger types of doubles which get an extra bed and after that still allow enough walking space around the room.

Looks like a bad job by Walkers in this dimension.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya] (& family)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Might be worth involving the credit card company if the OP didn't get what he paid for (and has the evidence), assuming he used one to pay Walkers that is.

5. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 14:12
Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Well if u have to time still go with Jetwing ... but if you do not then 1. do not pay them in full before hand and 2. avoid Clarence

All the best and enjoy Sri Lanka ... it is very nice place

A guy from Cyprus.

7. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

As in all on-line reservations and bookings, the company policy is that clients make a 50% advance payment on confirmation and the balance on arrival which was the 22nd of July. This was not done and obviously Clarence had to ask for the balance payment which was not made.

All arrangements and services were provided as per the agreed itinerary. A triple room (three beds) was reserved and provided. We were aware that there were two adults and two children (ages 10 & 7 yrs) on the programme and the clients were equally aware that there would have only 3 beds in the rooms as we specified this in all correspondence. At no stage did we ever mention “the kids can sleep on the floor”.

We are sad and disappointed that despite providing all confirmed requirements and several extra services, there has been a negative feedback of this nature.

9. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoid Walkers Tour in Sri Lanka

We booked all our accommodation with Walkers Tours last August with Clarence and had no problems at all.

We did arrive at a Hotel and the extra bed we had paid for wasn't in the room. That wasn't Walkers fault but the Hotel housekeeping who was just a bit slack in their room arrangements and the bed eventually came.

We found Walkers to be the cheapest as I asked for several quotes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them again. It is normal to pay in advance. I have just booked a Safari in Kenya and have had to final balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.

Jetwings owns different Hotels so if you stay in Jetwing Hotels booked through Jetwings it will be cheaper as it is with the Hotels Walkers are affiliated with.

I think you need to take your grievances direct rather than slander them on this forum.