We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

I am planning to travel to Colombo for a week in early May this year. I lived in Sri Lanka with my parents 18 years ago and am going back for the first time. I am based in Los Angeles and was wondering if there were any tour operators that anyone would recommend who would plan the trip and make all the arrangements for me. I have a rough itinerary in mind, but would need some help in selecting hotels, getting the car, and getting around in general.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

These major operators are often recommended in the forum:

Red Dot, Walkers Tours, Diethelm Travels.

There are also independent guides/drivers that can arrange your tour for less than what the the big operators will charge. Send a PM to the DEs for contact details of their recommended guides/drivers.

Asking in the open forum will mean that you will likely be spammed with offers, but by quite a few unfair offers too.

Hans

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

Agree with Hans local operators are the way to go. They can be more flexible and have real on the ground knowledge. If you lived in SL 18 years ago you will still find lots that is familiar but more traffic and higher prices, of course.

David.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

try go lanka....used them twice for tours and booking hotels.....excellent, quick to respond and give very good service....

Newcastle upon...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

we used srilankan tours, they arranged everythings for us, reasonable price ,good service, if you want their contact detail pm me

good luck

michele

5. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 13:10
Gokaralla
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

There are very good companies.

Pls go to a search engine and search yourself.

7. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2011, 16:52
Glasgow
Level Contributor
237 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

Hi,

The last time we went we used Wisdom Lanka tours which I thought were very good and reasonably priced.

Claire3

9. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 13:05
10. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Sri Lanka

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 13:01