We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cultural Triangle -- Where to stay both locale & lodging?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
608 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Cultural Triangle -- Where to stay both locale & lodging?

Right now we are looking at 3 nights in the Cultural Triangle, considering Chaaya Village in Habarana because of a great day trip they offer. This combines hiking & biking and requires full day. Or should we split up our stay and do 2 nights Chaaya Village and 1 night elsewhere in the area? Or even for a change of venue, do Chaaya Village and also Cinnamon Lodge? We like either smaller boutique hotels or eco lodges....more active, outdoor travelers but also enjoy good food and cocktails. Any ideas or suggestions?

St Austell
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cultural Triangle -- Where to stay both locale & lodging?

There would be little point changing hotels from Chaaya Village to Cinnamon Lodge. They are in the same grounds and you can walk between them using a footpath that runs infront of the two hotels. They are literally a moment's walk from eachother!

Having stayed at both, I would struggle to choose between them. Cinnamon Lodge is more expensive and the lodges are more atmospheric perhaps, but we actually liked the room we had at Chaaya Village more, and also preferred the swimming pool area. Either hotel is great and the food at both is superb too .. far better than in most hotels I've stayed at.

I honestly wouldn't bother moving to another hotel for just one night as Habarana is nice and central for just about all that you will be doing in the area and I think you have made a good choice already, even if it doesn't maybe fit your criteria of "smaller boutique" in this case, but is none the worse for that....

Edited: 10 April 2011, 22:24
2. Re: Cultural Triangle -- Where to stay both locale & lodging?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 11:16