We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Negombo (1 night) before early departure (7.30am)

Co Durham
Level Contributor
331 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Negombo (1 night) before early departure (7.30am)

The title says it all. We have a 7.30am flight home and thought it better to spend our final night nearer the airport than in Aluthgama. We are 2 adults and 2 young children so would need 1 room to sleep up all. The bigger the room and cheaper the price the better for us. A pool might be nice for one final swim the day before but not really essential. More important would be somewhere near a nice fun child friendly place to eat for our finl night.

All suggestions welcome

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Negombo (1 night) before early departure (7.30am)

Hi Lockster,

The place I've been using for the last few years on arrival and before leaving.

go-lanka.com/Negombo/oasis_hotel/oasis_beach…

I've never actually seen four beds in one room there but often there's three and enough space for another.

Like many other places, prices vary acording to your bargaining skills but as you'll be leaving about 5:00 AM for a 7:30 flight, meaning a probable

5:30 check in, you'll be too early for breakfasts so you'll only be paying for the room.

I'd think about 3000 rupees .

Pool is ok, it's a good stretch of the beach and there's plenty of restaurants within a few minutes stroll.

I particularly like the King Coconut. Out of the hotel, turn right and it's 5 minutes away. but there's plenty to choose from.

Rod.

cornwall
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Negombo (1 night) before early departure (7.30am)

try silver sands or delphini guest house, both fine v clean and right on beach, ive done both.

3. Re: Hotel in Negombo (1 night) before early departure (7.30am)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 01:17