We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviews

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
reviews

i see that some of the reviews on Kani Lanka do not seem to be from genuine visitors can anyone tell me if dispute is still ongoing between beachboys and local restaurant (commision i presume ) also i have seen similar ones for Tangerine in same mode any info appreciated thanks

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviews

that is very interesting, how can you tell genuine visitors from fakes?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviews

I agree with OP. There are a couple of reviews for both hotels that are somewhat suspicious and they are obvious.

Hans

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviews

Hi there....

Yes, i also agree with the OP, and this has been going on with Kani Lanka reviews for sometime now, whilst i don't doubt that the reviewers have stayed at that hotel, it is "quite likely" that thier reviews have been, hmmm how can we put it politely , co-erced ??..

Some recent ones don't even mention the hotel facilities, but purely about a certain restaurant and tour guide !, i did in fact report a couple recently, and they have been removed..

It is quite likely that a turf war is still ongoing yes..

Regards

Dave

Edited: 05 July 2011, 21:16
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reviews

PS.....

Latest advertising of certain establishments in Kani Lanka hotel reviews now removed

Regards

Dave

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: reviews

thank you for replies having stayed there 3 times i just wish that both parties could realise they could both earn more money by working together and it would improve atmosphere outside of hotel for visitors

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,208 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reviews

lol still don't get it.

but i do tend not to read any reviews left by people with only one contribution.

Pontypool
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: reviews

Its becoming endemic the Red Lobster Tours under Kani Lanka hotel reviews, at least another 2 has gone up over the weekend

8. Re: reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2011, 11:44
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reviews

Annie....

I agree, and these now too reported to TA, with a recommendation that a closer eye is paid to Kani Lanka reviews in future....., it is obvious that some are either written by Red Lobster themselves are are "coaxing" others to do so..

The written language gives them away also !

Regards

Dave

Pontypool
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: reviews

Hi Dave

I've just read the top review for Kani Lanka and was wondering where Gatlinburg was..Is it worth a trip?