We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Holiday - Review!!

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Amazing Holiday - Review!!

I just came back from a wonderful holiday in Sri Lanka and just had to post about it! If you are considering taking a trip there, you must!

I loved trekking in the Knuckles Mountain Range. There are many trails and it is not too tough. The trails are interconnected with footpaths of cardamom planters, toddy tapers, tea plantation workers, farmers and villages. Such a great country. It is a Buddhist country. As I'm very interested in Buddhism, it was great to combine all my passions in one trip.

I also visitied a National Park where there were lots of wild elephants. Here I stayed in a camp, which really added to the whole experience.

The last couple of days I spent time at Unavatuna beach, close to Galle. It's good for diving, but I am not a great swimmer, so don't ask me for recommendations about that... The beach was nice, but I think I would have preferred a little more happening beach.

On the last they I made a boat trip and saw dolphins. It was such a great experience!

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Holiday - Review!!

Hi! Could you elaborate on the many trails please. Specially from the Matale - Rattota side. Thanks

Calgary
Level Contributor
2 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Holiday - Review!!

Could you comment on food - did you find it hard to have a meal when you wanted and did you avoid anything?

3. Re: Amazing Holiday - Review!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:42